Komon Denshiro Marble Coffee Container
Cherry bark ware to liven up your everyday life.
Kakunnodate Denshiro has been producing high quality Cherry Bark Ware (Kabazaiku) for over six generations since 1851. Kabazaiku is a product made of wild cherry bark. It is eco-friendly because the traditional methods their specialists use to collect the bark ensure that it will grow back even after harvesting. All Kabazaiku products are handcrafted. The main technique used is called the "wooden mold method", in which sheets of wood and cherry bark are wrapped around a wooden mold, and ironed together with a heated metal trowel. This process gives great air tightness and is used to make light but firm products like tea caddies.
How to care for Kabazaiku.
- Coffee caddies: storing coffee beans in them will maintain the appropriate humidity and keep them in the best condition.
- Wipe products occasionally with a soft cloth along the grain of the wood.
Precaution for use.
- Use products for their intended purpose only.
- To avoid peeling, keep away from water. Do not leave in highly humid conditions for extended periods of time.
- To prevent distortion, cracks and color deterioration, avoid direct sunlight.
- Do not use products in a microwave or oven.
To view more Denshiro products and their website, click this link here.
*Please note that Komon products vary, making each item unique. There may be some slight variations in size, finish, and texture from the photo presented here.