*PRE-ORDER* Takeda NAS Mioroshi 210mm Maple Handle (Large)
- The estimated delivery of these knives are Q2, 2024
- This is an opportunity for you to purchase Takeda knives at the current market price before the price increase in 2024
- The "sale" price is the current price. The full retail price will take effect starting in 2024
Pre-orders that are canceled by the request of the customer will incur an order cancellation fee of 5% of the total order. Please see our policy, here.
- We are taking pre-orders until Thursday Nov 23rd, 2023, ending at 8:00pm EST
- Once we have received your product(s) in the delivery, you will be contacted via email.
*Please note that Takeda's knives vary from knife to knife, making each blade unique. There may be some slight variations from the photo presented here.
Takeda's Mioroshi Deba is a Japanese fish filleting/butchery knife that is double bevelled. The shape is like a cross between a Deba and a Yanagiba. Despite its Gytuo-like profile, it does not perform well on dense produce; however, it excels in deboning various fish, thanks to its weight and bevel shape. The technique of using a deba is quite different from using a flexible filleting knife (Western-style fish deboning), but in practiced hands, both styles can yield very good results. We recommend a deba for any cook looking to get better at filleting fish and sharpening a wide bevel knife in Japanese fashion.
Brand: Takeda 武田刃物
Blacksmith: Shosui Takeda 武田 松水
Producing Area: Niimi-Okayama/ Japan
Steel Type: Carbon Steel
Steel: Blue (Aogami) Super, Soft Stainless Clad
Handle: Maple & Pakka Ferrule Octagonal
Hand Orientation: Ambidextrous